Solidaire’s members are exercising mutual aid and solidarity in response to the COVID-19. This is a limited roundup of where we are involved directly and daily. We are constantly updating this list.
General Mutual Aid Funds
- Social Justice Fund NW Crisis Fund (National)
- Offers $3,000 grants to previous grantees of the Social Justice Fund NW who themselves do grantmaking
- Collective Care Is Our Best Weapon Against COVID-19 (National)
- An aggregated list of community-based mutual aid groups around the US that are supporting each other by sharing resources, running errands, and providing financial support and emotional care. Includes specific geographic areas
- Coronavirus Resource Kit (National)
- An aggregated list of mutual aid networks and resources from across the US with general resources and more mutual aid groups
- Database of Localized Resources During Corona Outbreak (National)
- An aggregated list of mutual aid resources from across the US from Radical Communicators Network; frequently being updated
- COVID-19 Relief Fund for LGBTQI+ BIPOC Folks (National)
- A fund to support queer Black, Indigenous, and other POC with a priority on those who are disabled and/or sex workers and/or out of work due to COVID-19
- Emergent Fund: People’s Bailout (National)
- A fund to support grassroots organizing in light of COVID-19
- New York COVID-19 Mutual Aid (New York)
- A sign-up for people to provide physical assistance and financial aid to people in light of COVID-19
- North Star Fund’s Response to the COVID-19 Crises (New York)
- Includes calls to action, resources, and their Future of Organizing Fund which supports direct assistance and grassroots organizing in NYC and Hudson Valley communities.
- COVID-19 Financial Solidarity (Read the guidelines first) (SF Bay Area)
- A place to donate to individuals in need
- East Bay Community Foundation’s COVID-19: A Just East Bay Response Fund (SF Bay Area)
- A fund for people in the East Bay
- Mass Redistribution Fund (Massachusetts)
- Support for immediate COVID-19 relief efforts in historically marginalized communities across the state as well as local and state advocacy for essential public health policies and economic recovery.
- Immune Compromised People in Need (National)
- A nationwide resource for immune compromised people to share their needs
- Disability Justice Culture Club (SF Bay Area)
- A mutual aid network led by 5 disabled queer and trans Black and Indigenous people of color resourcing disabled and/or unhoused people who need funds, supplies, and support in the Bay Area
- National Domestic Workers Alliance’s Coronavirus Care Fund (National)
- Immediate financial support for in-home care workers, nannies, and house cleaners
- One Fair Wage — Emergency Coronavirus Tipped and Service Worker Support Fund (National)
- A resource to support tipped service workers out of jobs due to COVID-19
- Seed Commons Worker Response Fund (National)
- A fund for worker-owned cooperatives
- New Music Solidarity Fund (National)
- Fund to support artists out of work (applications now closed)
- Worker Solidarity Fund (National)
- A national fund governed by worker leaders that will funnel direct financial relief to out-of-work people around the country included undocumented workers and restaurant and hospitality workers.
- Latino Community Foundation’s Love Not Fear Fund (National)
- Support for Latino-led organizations that provide wrap-around services for the most vulnerable, especially to undocumented seniors living in the Inland Empire and Central Valley.
- National Day Laborer Organizing Network (National)
- A fund for migrant workers vulnerable to COVID-19
- Movimiento Cosecha (National)
- A fund for undocumented people facing hardship due to COVID-19
- Asian Pacific Environmental Network’s COVID-19 Emergency Community Stabilization Fund (SF Bay Area)
- Supports working-class Asian immigrant and refugee families through the COVID-19 crisis
- Seventh Generation Fund for Indigenous Peoples’ Flicker Fund (International)
- Direct grant support to stressed Indigenous communities worldwide on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic, where some are already facing issues of hunger, lack of access to water, and unable to secure basic hygiene and material supplies needed for everyday life.
- NDN Collective (National)
- Indigenous grantmaking and movement-building organization raising $10 million dollars to redistribute to trusted indigenous community organizations across the US, and will also have a loan fund for small native businesses.
- Decolonizing Wealth Project’s Rapid Response Fund (National)
- In partnership with Native Americans in Philanthropy and the National Urban Indian Family Coalition, a rapid response fund to provide emergency support for the most vulnerable Native American families and communities impacted by COVID-19. Primarily focused on moving funds through urban indigenous nonprofits who reach the majority of indigenous people in the US.
- IEN COVID-19 Emergency Mutual Aid Fund (U.S. and Canada)
- The Indigenous Environmental Network’s fund to quickly mobilize resources to frontline communities and groups that have a demonstrated need experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Community-based Indigenous peoples and organizations from the U.S. and Canada (Central and South America on a case-by-case basis) are eligible to apply.
- Four Winds American Indian Council (Denver)
- Fund to support their drive-through food bank, with a focus on supporting the indigenous community in the Front Range area.
- Transitions Clinic Network (National)
- Most of the people being released nationally due to COVID19 have chronic illnesses. TCN is a national network of medical homes for individuals with chronic diseases recently released from incarceration in 11 states, paired with a formerly incarcerated community health worker as a part of their clinical team.
- TGI Justice Project (National)
- Works with Black transgender current and former prisoners and will provide resources for people being released, money for people currently in prison to buy protective/hygiene gear, and housing and food for Black trans people who are homeless.
- Incarcerated Workers Organizing Committee (National)
- A prisoner-led union that fights for prison abolition and is urging for the release of highly vulnerable incarcerated people during the COVID-19 crisis
- Give Directly: Canteen Support for Incarcerated People during COVID19 (National)
- A former prisoner started this Facebook page where people with family members in prison can request direct financial support into their canteen to help them buy sanitation supplies.
- Bonafide (National)
- Meets people upon release at the prison gate and provides them with material necessities – like clothing, toiletries, and a cellphone- as well as emotional and logistical support, rides, etc.
Sex Worker Solidarity
- COVID-19: Emergency Support Fund for Sex Workers (Toronto)
- A rapid response fund supporting Black, trans, and migrant sex workers in Toronto
- DecrimNY/BYP100/Black Alliance for Just Migration (New York)
- Prioritizing Black sex workers and migrants in NYC
- Red Canary Song – tax-deductible PayPal link (New York)
- Fund to support migrant/Chinese sex workers in New York City; also Venmo for discretionary funds: @Q13LLC (Please indicate RCS)
- Whose Corner Is it Anyway (Massachusetts)
- Fund by and for under-housed/low-income/opioid-using sex workers in Western MA
- Solutions Not Punishment Collaborative Black Trans Sex Workers Survival Kits (Atlanta, GA)
- Raising funds to create pandemic survival kits for Black trans sex workers in Atlanta, GA
- Grassroots International’s Solidarity Amid Pandemic Fund
- Supports grassroots responses to the pandemic from Puerto Rico and Haiti to Palestine
- Thousand Current’s Above and Beyond Solidarity Fund
- Provides on the ground immediate support to people and organizations responding to the pandemic around the world
- Clima Fund
- Fund that situates the pandemic within the broader climate change crisis and anti-indigenous violence, supporting people and organizations around the world
- Global Fund for Women
- Support for gender justice activists leading COVID response
- Loving Communities Response Fund (National)
- Support for community-led, grassroots organizations who serve youth and families directly impacted by school closings, lost wages, and food insecurity, and are facing homelessness.