Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act)
- “Everything you need to know to access the funds – CARES” – from the Jewish Federations of North America
- Federal Coronavirus Relief Bills: What Do They Mean for Nonprofits? (recording of Zoom call)
Paycheck Protection Program*
The SBA Paycheck Protection Program is designed to keep your workers on payroll and your doors open. The program provides access to low interest and partially to fully forgivable loans to small business owners and nonprofit organizations with no personal guarantee or collateral required. Funds may be used to help pay business payroll, utilities, and other operating expenses during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Funding will be available through June 30, 2020 but you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible due to funding availability. Final guidance on the program is still in process, including participating lenders. Our affiliate, immito, is an approved SBA 7(a) lender. We anticipate making a decision on whether we will be able to provide financing through this program within the next week. LISC is committed to ensuring our partners are able to take full advantage of this program once operational and will be providing updates on the program and application process as they emerge.
* Note that the SBA Paycheck Protection Program application website is experiencing high volume, so please be patient. Likewise, many participating lenders are still preparing to receive a high volume of applications.
- List of SBA Lenders (pdf)
- Fillable PPP Application (pdf) – Updated 4/3
- FMA PPP Clinics – These clinics provide an opportunity for you to ask questions about the process of applying for the Paycheck Protection Program. New dates available! Every weekday from 4-5 pm through April 17th. Click here to register
Working from Home Resources
Resources for Philanthropy
- How Nonprofits Can Utilize the New Federal Laws Dealing with COVID-19, Nonprofit Quarterly, Mar. 26, 2020
- Self-Insured Nonprofits and Unemployment Insurance, David Heinen, North Carolina Center for Nonprofits
- Small Business Administration FAQs on PPP (updated 4/6)
- SBA Interim Final Rule Guidelines (as of 4/2)